Communities and Sustainable Development, a challenge for governments using IoT
The speed with which IoT and AI technologies are transforming various sectors of society makes the complex and multifaceted relationship they establish with government policies and actions fundamental.
The current world population faces great challenges to achieve sustainable development. Public policies have been increasingly focused on promoting and addressing this challenge within a balance between economic and social development, environmental protection, natural capital, and climate resilience.
The Internet of Things (IoT) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) technologies have been providing effective solutions for addressing these global challenges for some years now, without losing sight of the purpose of achieving the Sustainable Development Goals established by the United Nations for 2030. In particular, the goals to be met are associated with Clean Water and Sanitation, Affordable and Clean Energy, Responsible Consumption and Production, Climate Action, Life Below Water, and Life on Land.
Within the concept of Smart Cities and in urban areas, IoT and AI technologies allow for traffic optimization, improved energy efficiency, as well as public safety systems, to make cities more inclusive, safe, resilient, and sustainable.
In rural areas, on the other hand, these technological advances can help optimize agricultural practices and processes, which face different problems related to environmental factors such as climate, limitations of natural resources, lack of arable land, and decreasing crop yields. However, there is also a shortage of agricultural labor with the migration of young people from rural areas to cities.
The Internet of Things (IoT) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) serve governments to design more effective policies and improve communication with citizens, thanks to the reading of large amounts of data that identify patterns and trends, with which certain political decisions can be guided.
AZLOGICA® in government function
The public sector cannot be indifferent to the rapid and growing transformation that the Internet of Things (IoT) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) are achieving in different aspects of daily life. This is particularly evident with the issue of food insecurity, one of the greatest problems for current and future generations’ survival, especially in Latin America, Africa, and some regions of Asia.
With a “GovTech” approach, governments must commit to establishing regulations, investments, and prioritizing privacy, security, ethics, and ensuring responsibility in the management of these digital tools for the protection and transparency of citizens’ rights
In this front of the gears of digital technologies and government policies, AZLOGICA®, a leading IoT solutions company in Latin America, presents itself as an excellent alternative as a mediator of these processes in its capacity to provide the necessary tools for better operational and managerial decision-making in these environments.
Why is AZLOGICA® a top option in this alliance of technology and government policies and operations?
- As a leading IoT solutions company in Latin America, AZLOGICA® has already worked on government projects
- In 2019, AZLOGICA® implemented an online management system for the public utility company of the City of Cali, EMCALI, with which its technical services (vehicles, operational machinery, and operators) are managed and optimized with visualization applications and early warnings.
- In 2022, AZLOGICA®, together with the Infrastructure Secretariat and the Environmental Secretariat of the City of Medellín, proposed a waste management model by capturing data associated with certain green areas of this city for the management, pruning, collection, and proper disposal of such waste.
- AZLOGICA® offers digital solutions that always have within their object to help fulfill the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals so that cities and rural areas are more inclusive, safe, resilient, and sustainable.
- LAZLOGICA® offers digital solutions that always have as their objective to help fulfill the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals so that cities and rural areas are more inclusive, safe, resilient, and sustainable.
• The company has available the AZLOGICA® IoT Solutions Suite, the first of its kind in the AWS Marketplace and hosted on Amazon Web Services. A package of digital solutions that can meet the needs.
- AZLOGICA® is committed to the highest information security standards in all production processes, with ISO 27001 certification.
AZLOGICA®’s IoT Solutions Suite, which includes Ecodrive®, Things Manager®, Evolucion®, and Team Manager® solutions, with their respective technical assistance and support, is available on AWS Marketplace.