The Insurance Sector perfects remote appraisal with IoT and Artificial Intelligence
It is a reality! The insurance industry is reducing costs, optimizing resources, simplifying processes, and managing apprisals with Internet of Things (IoT) solutions that incorporate 5G, Artificial Intelligence (AI), and Augmented Reality (AR).
Insurers are implementing technological tools of the fourth industrial revolution to control vehicle inspections and surveys, using tools like Team Manager® from AZLOGICA®.
Team Manager® is the first accident inspection and assessment platform that has used zero latency and high definition with 5G in Latin America. Its system examines images and videos with Artificial Intelligence, guaranteeing that both the insured and the insurer have information of a traffic accident in real-time.
This world-class tool enables a professional to obtain and process this information to remotely provide instructions to an individual that is not an expert in a particular subject. Additionally, it allows access to essential tools such as geolocation, online communication, and user administration, consequently achieving highly reliable and agile appraisal.
Traffic accidents deteriorate mobility at rush hours in major cities. According to Semana magazine, Colombia occupies the world’s second place in terms of wasted time in traffic jams, with a total of 47 hours a year.
You can also read: Coronavirus encourages the adoption of pricing technologies used by insurers
Through multiple key activities in pandemic times, an insurer with Team Manager® can provide these benefits to the users with an auto policy:
- Video call link and information transfer with 5G and lower technologies, depending on cellular network coverage.
- Damage assessment in real-time through a video call with the expert.
- Analysis with Artificial Intelligence of images, videos, 3D models, and data from the interactive panel.
- Reduction of extra costs by generating agile coordination between the people involved in the process.
- Increase of the satisfaction of the insured in terms of attention times and quality of service.
Therefore, leading companies in the insurance industry such as Previsora and Colserauto, have implemented Team Manager® to optimize processes and resources, guaranteeing management, control, and reliability to the policyholders.
This whole process is divided into 4 simple stages:
- The insured contacts the insurance company to receive a link that redirects them to their Team Manager® APP.
- An expert is assigned to the case, who interacts by video call with the user (Insured or his authorized driver) and requests information on the insured vehicle.
- The expert performs the corresponding evaluation and in a short time sends the insured the calculation of the repair costs and the required information.
- The entire process is stored as evidence of the inspection.
Team Manager Video Inspector
Team Manager® is an elastic and flexible platform because it can be adapted and strengthened based on the specific needs of each company.
Some of its main features are:
- Instant person-to-person video calls to collect and evaluate information immediately in real-time.
- Incorporation of multi-calls quickly and effectively according to each need.
- Video Image recognition and feedback.
- An Interactive panel that enables the expert to dial on the video call.
- 3D modeling with a definition of the shape and dimensions of an object in different planes for study precision.
- Geolocation of all the people that access the application.
- Photogrammetry for the measurement of an object using the camera of the mobile device.
The implemented Internet of Things (IoT) solutions impact the strategy and development of the insurance sector in the face of digital transformation. This is because they personalize and automate processes, consequently reducing the learning curve for technical staff and enabling the insured to carry out autonomous, fast and secure management. These benefits are required in a pandemic and are here to stay.
If you are part of the insurance industry and require a more precise consultancy tailored to your needs, consult with our engineers: